Data Engineer (f/m/x)
Berlin, Germany | Fulltime | now
Curalie is a young, agile company in a unique location in Berlin-Mitte. Since 2017, we have been turning innovative ideas into digital offers for patients and practical tools for health care professionals. Our goal: to move patients, actively work towards health goals and improve their quality of life on their own responsibility.
How you support us
With Curalie, we have set out to develop a platform for patient-centric care of chronically ill people. In addition to the technical platform, we are also developing the content of a variety of digital therapy programs. For current and future projects Curalie is looking for you.
- You will actively participate in a team of data scientists and engineers to build data infrastructure and data-driven products
- You will work closely with data scientists to support industry and business related research
- You will develop, test and maintain data storage and processing pipelines (data ingestion, propagation and transformation)
- You will guide the infrastructure team to select and provide tools for data, metadata and knowledge access (databases, ontologies, object stores, query engines)
- You will acquire, transform and evaluate structured and unstructured training data from public and private data sources
- You will apply, deploy and evaluate machine learning algorithms
- You will participate in code reviews
- You will actively discuss data processing architectures, best practices, learnings and potential errors with the team
What sets you apart
You have a strong background in the areas of data engineering, distributed data processing and DevOps. You can underpin your expertise with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or comparable qualification in the field of Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Physics or similar fields of study. You can proof experience in data pipeline implementation, and have programming experience in Python, especially working with data processing pipelines (e.g. Pandas, pySpark, Jupyter). You have experience with Big-data transformation engines (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Map/Reduce), streaming (e.g. Kafka) and cloud service infrastructure (e.g. SageMaker, AWS EKS, AWS EMR). You are a proficient user of version control systems (e.g. git), containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) and have experience in working with agile teams (e.g. Kanban, Scrum). Experience in infrastructure automation (e.g. CI/CD, Terraform, Helm) is beneficial.
You like to work independently and agile. Written or spoken German language skills are beneficial for stakeholder communication, but not required for this role. Since our team unites a wide range of nationalities, you should be able to communicate in English. Finally a bit of humour and a lot of creativity won’t hurt – we have plenty of this too.
Please note: a valid visa for Germany is required and we don’t cover relocation / extended visa assistance.
What we offer you
With us there are no rigid working hours – if you have an appointment with a tradesman, you simply move your workplace home. Would you prefer to work part-time? This is also possible with us. We will pay you a part of your BVG ticket. You can develop together with us. It will never be boring because you will be working with highly motivated, interesting people and get to know many different topics. We are an agile team of scientists, product people, developers, researchers, doctors, therapists – cosmopolitan personalities like you. We often cook together for lunch in our great kitchen. And maybe you would like to play a little table tennis? A unique workplace awaits you in Berlin-Mitte.
If you want to work for a meaningful cause, then help us to develop digital products that really improve the quality of life for patients and their families.
You like what you read here?
Then apply – please send us an e-mail with a PDF file (cover letter and curriculum vitae), the earliest possible starting date and your desired salary. If you are still not sure after the interview: How about one or two trial days with us? Just talk to us about it.