Data Scientist (f/m/x)
Berlin, Germany | Fulltime | now
Curalie is a young, agile company in a unique location in Berlin-Mitte. Since 2017, we have been turning innovative ideas into digital offers for patients and practical tools for health care professionals. Our goal: to move patients, actively work towards health goals and improve their quality of life on their own responsibility.
How you support us
With Curalie, we have set out to develop a platform for patient-centric care of chronically ill people. In addition to the technical platform, we are also developing the content of a variety of digital therapy programs. For current and future projects Curalie is looking for you.
- You will work closely with product managers to measure and increase customer and company centric key performance indicators
- You will actively discuss use-cases with stakeholders, present results and collect feedback
- You will identify and evaluate potential data sources and algorithms to solve industry and business related problems
- You will analyze, explore and visualize data using statistical methods to discover potential solutions, opportunities and error sources
- You will conduct statistical evaluation and in-depth error analysis of baselines, competitors and own solutions
- You will participate in the research community and communicate scientific findings with data science and medical teams as well as management
- You will support data privacy, IT security, compliance and quality management processes with practical and applicable solutions
- You will actively participate in a data science team to create a culture of learning from mistakes using incremental development cycles and feedback loops
What sets you apart
You have a strong background in the areas of data analytics, data processing and statistics. You can underpin your expertise with a Master’s degree or comparable qualification in the field of Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Medical Informatics, Data Science or similar fields of study. You can proof extensive experience in statistical analysis, clinical study evaluation, and have programming experience in Python or R, especially working with statistics (SPSS). You have experience with relational and semi-structured databases (e.g. SQL/noSQL) or Big-data transformation engines (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Map/Reduce). You are a proficient user of version control systems (e.g. git), containerization (e.g. docker, kubernetes) and have experience in working with agile teams (e.g. Scrum). Experience in Machine Learning (e.g. clustering, classification, regression and anomaly detection) is beneficial.
You like to work independently and agile. Written or spoken German language skills are beneficial for understanding the data, but not required for this role. Since our team unites a wide range of nationalities, you should be able to communicate in English. Finally a bit of humour and a lot of creativity won’t hurt – we have plenty of this too.
Please note: a valid visa for Germany is required and we don’t cover relocation / extended visa assistance.
What we offer you
With us there are no rigid working hours – if you have an appointment with a tradesman, you simply move your workplace home. Would you prefer to work part-time? This is also possible with us. We will pay you a part of your BVG ticket. You can develop together with us. It will never be boring because you will be working with highly motivated, interesting people and get to know many different topics. We are an agile team of scientists, product people, developers, researchers, doctors, therapists – cosmopolitan personalities like you. We often cook together for lunch in our great kitchen. And maybe you would like to play a little table tennis? A unique workplace awaits you in Berlin-Mitte.
If you want to work for a meaningful cause, then help us to develop digital products that really improve the quality of life for patients and their families.
You like what you read here?
Then apply – please send us an e-mail with a PDF file (cover letter and curriculum vitae), the earliest possible starting date and your desired salary. If you are still not sure after the interview: How about one or two trial days with us? Just talk to us about it.